Car Accident FAQs
- If I wasn’t wearing a seatbelt in my auto accident, can I still recover damages?
- Can I file a car accident lawsuit even if I was issued a ticket?
- How long do I have to file a lawsuit after a car accident?
- Who can be sued in a car accident case?
- What can I do if the other driver is denying liability in our car accident?
- What can I claim in a lawsuit for car accident damages?
- What happens if the at-fault party isn’t insured?
- What if no motorist was issued a ticket?
- What happens when a car accident claim exceeds insurance limits?
- What happens when someone is killed in a car accident?
Truck Accident FAQs
- How much will a lawyer cost me after a truck accident?
- What are the main causes of truck accidents?
- How is negligence established following a truck accident?
- Should I have a lawyer before I speak to my insurance company after a truck accident?
- What damages can I claim in a truck accident lawsuit?
- What do I look for when choosing a semi-truck accident lawyer?
- What if I am partially at fault for my truck accident?
Offshore Accident FAQs
Family Law FAQs
- How long does a divorce take?
- How much does a divorce cost?
- How do you file for divorce?
- Who determines how assets are divided in a divorce?
- What are the legal grounds for obtaining a divorce?
- How do courts determine who gets custody of children in a divorce?
- What is joint custody?
Louisiana-Specific Family Law FAQs
Criminal Defense FAQs
General Criminal Law
- What’s the penalty for forgery in Louisiana?
- How do I get a bench warrant recalled in Louisiana?
- What should I do after being arrested?
- What happens when you take a plea deal in Louisiana?
- How do I hire a criminal law attorney?
- What is self-defense in Louisiana?
- What are penalties for intent to distribute?
- What happens if I violate probation?
- What are the penalties for family violence?
- How does a protective order work in a family violence case?
- What are common terms that relate to me DUI/DWI arrest?
- Can I lose my license if I am found guilty of a DUI/DWI?
- Can I refuse the standard field sobriety test or the breathalyzer test?
- How drunk or high does a person have to be for a DWI/DUI conviction?
- How do police determine if a driver is under the influence?
- Are DWI/DUI roadblocks and checkpoints legal?
- During a DWI/DUI stop, can a police officer ask me questions without reading me my rights?
- What rights do I have during a DUI/DWI stop?
- Can I talk to a lawyer before I submit to a urine, blood, or breathalyzer test?
- What is an aggravated DWI?
- What can I expect with my DWI first offense in Louisiana?
Juvenile Defense FAQs
General Juvenile Law