In what areas of law does the firm practice?
We specialize in the areas of: Personal Injury, Criminal Defense, and Family Law.
How much does it cost to come in and speak to an attorney?
For Personal Injury matters, there is no cost to schedule an initial consultation. For Family Law and Criminal Defense cases, there is a $200 initial consultation fee that will ultimately go toward your total legal bill should you elect to hire us.
Do you accept payment plans and/or allow clients to pay as they go with Family Law and Criminal Defense cases?
Yes. While a retainer fee must be received in order for the attorney to begin work on your case, The Johnson Firm, in many cases, allows clients to pay as they go. We know most people don’t plan to need an attorney and will always work to accommodate various budgets and financial situations.
How much do you charge for each of your services?
Because our services are very customized, there is no way for us to provide you an accurate quote without first understanding your potential case. This can best be achieved via an initial consultation. Following this meeting, we will then be in a better position to inform you of the process and associated costs.
How long have the attorneys been practicing law?
Terry Johnson, our founder, has been practicing for more than 40 years. Jonathan Johnson joined the firm in 2006 and Adam Johnson in 2009.
Car Accident FAQs
Truck Accident FAQs
- How much will a lawyer cost me after a truck accident?
- What are the main causes of truck accidents?
- How is negligence established following a truck accident?
- Should I have a lawyer before I speak to my insurance company after a truck accident?
- What damages can I claim in a truck accident lawsuit?
- What do I look for when choosing a semi-truck accident lawyer?
- What if I am partially at fault for my truck accident?
Criminal Defense FAQs
General Criminal Law
- What should I do after being arrested?
- How do I hire a criminal law attorney?
- What is self-defense in Louisana?
- What are penalties for intent to distribute?
- What happens if I violate probation?
- What are the penalties for family violence?
- How does a protective order work in a family violence case?
- What are common terms that relate to me DUI/DWI arrest?
- Can I lose my license if I am found guilty of a DUI/DWI?
- Can I refuse the standard field sobriety test or the breathalyzer test?
- How drunk or high does a person have to be for a DWI/DUI conviction?
- How do police determine if a driver is under the influence?
- Are DWI/DUI roadblocks and checkpoints legal?